6 steps to a good skincare routine for teenage boys
Starting on a skincare routine is not easy for teenage boys.
The majority of them believe taking care of your skin is something more for girls to worry about - even more so if their father's don't bother with any skincare. It is the perfect time however to set them up for a lifetime of good habits - and give them clearer skin through the teenage years.
Here are a few simple tips on better skincare for teenage boys:
- Drink a lot of water. Water helps to flush out toxins out of the body. Drinking just two cups of water can increase blood flow to the skin, helping to even out complexions. Staying hydrated is a really important factor in healthy skin.
- Daily showers. (Seems like common sense, but apparently more challenging for teen boys!) The shower is also an easy place to cleanse the face, helping to make it part of the daily routine.
- Healthy diet. Eating lots of fresh healthy fruit and vegetables and limiting sugar and junk food will definitely help skin clearer.
- Don't touch your face! Dirt, grime and oil are common on teenage faces after a busy day at school or playing sport. Pores can become quickly congested and breakouts can happen. Picking at these spots with dirty hands spreads bacteria, easily causing infection.
- Accept that some pimples are normal. In reality you can't control hormones, and it's likely that a pimple will occur every now again no matter what you do.
- Cleanse and moisturise regularly! It really will help!!!
Serious acne issues are of course possible for some teens, in which case professional advice is definitely needed. Bad skin can affect self esteem and confidence which has a flow on effect through out all aspects of a teens life.